Right-of-Way Maintenance

Almost all of us are responsible for the maintenance of a strip of property we do not own...the county right-of-way between our property and the street. We have this obligation from our CC&Rs. 

The right-of-way (ROW) is defined on your survey. In most cases it is that strip of land about 15 feet wide between the pavement and your property line. Some have planted grass and shrubs in this space, some have established parking areas, and others have left it natural. 

In any case, it must be maintained. This means mowing the grass/weeds and trimming (or removing) bushes, and picking up trash.   Corner lots have long ROWs, and some lots have ROW behind there homes.

Travis County does not maintain the ROWs but they will fix drainage problems. If you have water standing in the ROW or a plugged culvert under your driveway, contact the Travis County T&NR department at (512) 854-9383, or you can send an email to  TNR.Roads@traviscountytx.gov

© Westminster Glen Homeowners Association, Inc. All Rights Reserved.